Project Selection-Film

Creating a film would be a safe decision for me since I have participated in after school theatre for three consecutive years, and directing honors for two years. By choosing the film, I am allowing myself to be able to take what i have learned from my directing class as well as from my media studies class, and apply them to an individual situation. The experience that I have already gained from both classes will help me feel more confident going into the project, during execution, and when the final product is submitted. Directing a piece behind the camera is different than a live action piece because it requires editing; learning the art of editing will be a challenge for me because I have very minimal experience using programs such as Final Cut X and Adobe Premiere Pro. By taking on this task, I will be opening up a door on a whole new challenge and creating a piece that is completely original. Furthermore, viewing the editing process and its complexity from the documentary, The Making of Ferris Bueller's Day Off, let me understand that although ten or twelve scenes are filmed, and only eight are necessary, the editor is able to cut and place scenes in a sequence that would best fit the film and the director's image. This is vital because it allows the director to tie his image together in reality and see what portrays his or her original idea best. Overall, the film project would be a fun choice for me, but also a challenging choice; with this project I will be challenged in areas that I have creatively not encountered, which will encourage me to do better and produce the best.

Comments