Midterm Submission

Cover: I decided to pair a light yellow font color with a bold font type to make the main article title to stand out. Similar to the magazines that I researched, the main article is different than the rest, followed by a miniscule summary about what's in the article. Also, I chose a dark blue font color with a condensed bold font type because while they are still important articles to read for the January issue of 'Sota Wellness, they do not contain the same information and knowledge that is presented in Jamie's article. Tied in as a whole, the color scheme that I chose, while mostly warm colors, with the exception of the light yellow color of the main article title, keeps the month's theme of warmer tones in the winter months in check; plus the color scheme chosen assists in tying in the blue lettering in the center of his long-sleeved shirt.
Table of Contents: To maintain relation between my magazine and the other members' magazines in my group, we decided on dividing our pages to create a clean look that does not appear cluttered and distracting. In addition to the clean look we chose, there is a common font type and labeling of the page. With this inclusion, my group and I are able to convey that we are the same magazine company that carries its style onto each issue. Furthermore, I chose to include these specific categories to give a brief to the audience of my magazine. Each brief labels the genre of that article, the article's name, and the article's page number; this makes it easier on the reader to find each article, as well as giving the smallest hint as to what that specific article will contain in its body.
Article: My article, with knowledge from interviewee, Jamie McGraw, outlines the necessary components for staying healthy and staying in the proper eating routine. To me this is important knowledge because if one would like to get in shape and change their lifestyle, this is information that should be known and followed. Jamie's advice gives great insight into clean eating and time management for exercising, as well as the balance between the two because without one, the other will not be as successful as thought out.
Overall, my magazine contains the proper information to staying healthy and keeping the balance that is the key to a healthy lifestyle.

Comments