Use of Conventions

I do not think my magazine challenges the use of conventions, rather than add to it. Although it is different than most health\fitness\wellness magazines in the sense that it takes information from someone who is hands on-active in his field and has extensive knowledge, my magazine also is generalized because it includes some knowledge and articles that are commonly seen in big name health\fitness\wellness magazines. I say this because not only do I cover information that is presented as new knowledge to those not frequently reminded of what is best to live healthily, I also reintroduced the concept of consistency. Consistency is typically the main topic of at least one or two articles found in health\fitness\wellness magazines, since it keeps the person constantly working to achieve their healthy lifestyle. Additionally, my magazine represents the social groups of young adults, adults, and fitness enthusiasts. Young adults have been into the fitness "grind" recently, trying to maintain a composure that resembles that of fitness enthusiasts who are always looking to improve and help those they have taken under their wing improve. As a whole, my magazine takes the knowledge that those aspiring to find a healthy lifestyle would want, and displays it in a semi-traditional sequence, as to ease the mind when learning something new.

Comments